Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can only connect to internet in safe mode, except for instant messenger  (Read 10570 times)

Ducky

Hi. I was downloading some football photos from the internet when my AVG8  warned me of a potentially dangerous site. I quickly got off of it, but now I am having trouble with my internet. I ran a full scan using AVG8. It showed something I don't remember what it was called but I had AVG delete them. Then I restarted my computer and thats when all my troubles start. Now I can only connect to the internet using Safe Mode. But I can connect to my Yahoo Messenger in regular mode. So I do have an internet connection because I can use Yahoo Messenger and The XBox 360 Live works for the kids and their computer gets online fine. So in Safe Mode I searched the net for help and used some of the ideas given. So this is what I have tried so far, AVG8, Spyware Slayer, Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes Anti Maleware, WinsockXpfix and Ad Aware. I have also shut off my Firewall. I think thats it. Still I cannot connect to the internet except in Safemode. I have Windows XP 2 home Edition. I have DSL with AT&T. I have tried connecting with Internet Explorer and FireFox. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate!
Thx for reading,
Ducky

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
First. Uninstall all your antivirus programs EXCEPT One.

Then follow this:
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Note: Moving to Computer Virus and Spyware Section.