Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i really dont ******* know anymore....  (Read 3698 times)

gnomegod

Topic Starter

Starter

i really dont ******* know anymore....
    « on: January 04, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
    the situation:

i think my computer is screwed.....

basically let someone use my computer at the dorm and spyware got on my computer and i have symantic endpoint and ccleaner....

so i started to try to clean my drive so on so forth and it got to the point where i had to boot to safe mode and it found nothing when i ran it 3 times...

so i thought maybe it needed another program such as an anti-spyware or malware removal device.

i downloaded ad-aware and spybot search and destroy and it told me i needed to buy the program before i could d o anything, so i uninstalled it because im a broke college student and cant afford it nor have a credit card.

i then sucked it up and wiped my drive..... i thought. did system recovery to factory settings and it was all good but all of my programs, documents etc. were still on the drive which thus led me to conclude that it didn't do anyting really.

i dont have an xp disc because it didnt come with my computer so before you suggest that let me save you the typing....

anyways, it was all going good untill i started to notice multiples of things. this is hard to explain wihtout someone being here looking at ti but i have multiples of all sorts of programes files documents, .txt files, etc. and instead of having c:/compaq_owner/documents and settings/shared it gives me a compaq_owner.MATTHEW and i have nothing for shared or documents and settings. alot of my files are shaded out and such and i cant explain it better then that. The shaded out files have no information or files in them.

The other odd thing that began occuring is everything on my desktop disappeared. the only thing that remained was internet explorer which leads me to belive the virus is somewhere still on my computer in the depths of it. i installed a program to test it and it appeared on the dsktop but when i create a new folder anything i put in it disappears.....

i can still find all of my stuff if i remember what the file was or the folder name is and it finds it via search that comes with  XP.

but i know my computer is shot and cant find a way to recover it to at least the factory settings.

i just ran a virus scan, symantic endpoint, and its giving me 2 risks

Backdoor.Tideserv!inf
    Backdoor.Tideserv

its telling me there is no repair currently available and it located in
    c:\documents and settings\compaq_owner\local settings\temp

well i USED to be able to get to all of that but now i cant find it anywhere

i just want my f****** computer to work and be able to save stuff without the risk of transfering files that are infected to someone else.

if you can help me it would be awesome. i do computer work here at my school so im not retarted when it comes to words with computers which is why i find this fustrating as *censored*...

thanx

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: i really dont ******* know anymore....
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:23 AM »
    We can help you salvage your computer if you go here:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Follow steps 3, 4 and 6. Post back with the three logs when finished.

Also, it would be helpful to tell us EXACTLY what you did when you attempted a Factory Reset.

Also, have you asked your friend what he did?

gnomegod

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:33:34 PM »
      as far as my friend he has no idea and unfortunatley i havent the slightest to where he went online...

as for what i did was pretty simple.

i went to system restore because i thought i had made a save point back in the day but apparently not. so i went to system restore to factory settings that my compaq has built in and clicked on go basically it led me through saying "permanent deletion" and so on but it really didnt do anything besidea get me back to factory setting with all of my stuff still in the all programs list in the start menu. then something happened and all of my all programs were gone. i have no accesories, no startup and the only 2 prgrams i have on there are the 2 i installed after this happened.

im about to go to the link you left ad will also reply on that.

thanx

waldis

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
      Now this is really crazy, I just booted the infected PC (WinXP) with Knopix CD and went after the .tmp file in the temp directory to delete it, but I cant delete it!!!

Any ideas on how is it protecting itself?

Thanks,

Val  ???

gnomegod

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »
        here are the SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware... ima get the hijackthis file up when i upload it on my comp. if they dont work as attachments let me know and ill copy and paste.

thanx

[attachment deleted by admin]

gnomegod

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 01:44:26 AM »
          heres the hijack this log file

thanx

[attachment deleted by admin]