Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: disc drive question  (Read 1849 times)

donjuanrem

Topic Starter

Starter

disc drive question
    « on: January 05, 2009, 03:30:18 PM »
    I have windows xp.  My d drive is not working.  It doesnt recognize any disc i put in it.  is there a way to hook my D drive up or something.  Plus I bought a mp3 player.  I hook it up to my computer, but it doesnt recognize it.  I hook it in someones elses and it recognizes the mp3 player.  Hopefully someone can help me with this problem

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: disc drive question
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
    Try a CD cleaner on this D: drive... as far as not seeing the MP3 player, how old of a computer is this and specs. Are other computers newer that are working fine with this mp3 player. USB speed might be an issue. Maybe your USB port is only 1.1 and you need 2.0!

truenorth

Guru

Re: disc drive question
      « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »
      donjuanrem,1st off welcome to the Ch forums.Now i have two comments.one it does appear that you have 2 separate problems here. A non functioning USB connectible devise (the mp3 player) 2. A "D" drive of some type that is "not working". It is the best thing to do for CH assistance to post the 2 topics separately in different posts. When requesting assistance it is always to your benefit (not to mention the would be assistance providers) to supply as much information at the outset as possible that pertains to the problem.In that regard what is this "D" drive you are referring to?So lets hear a bit more details and hopefully help will soon follow.truenorth