Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard doesn't like standby mode  (Read 2932 times)

gmcfan

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Keyboard doesn't like standby mode
    « on: April 13, 2005, 01:58:33 PM »
    Hello all!

Let me get right to it. When I put my computer into standby mode, either by using the button on the computer tower, or selecting it on the shutdown screen, everything goes into standby alright, but all three of the lights on the keyboard start flashing simultaneously. When I hit the standby button again on the tower, everything starts back up fine, but the keyboard continues it's flashing. The keyboard ceases to function when it does this. No buttons work. I have to restart the computer for the keyboard to work again. What could be causing this?

My comp has Win98Se,
    Pentium I 133MHz
    '94 Intel motherboard
    64 megs ram
    3 hard drives + CDROM

The keyboard is the old school type, where it looks a lot like the PS/2 plug but bigger. I have tried several different keyboards, all have the same effect.

I know it's old, but it works great except for this one problem. Can anyone help?

merlin_2

Re: Keyboard doesn't like standby mode
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 02:06:40 PM »
    maybe an upgrade of graphics drivers will sort it>> intel graphics accelerator......seach the link for the chipset........do you have dxdiag 8.1 on your pc.?.....maybe also you need more ram>> for ......try freeram...majorgeeks.com  also a check of the psu may help.....or  a reg patch from aumha.org  [options] or diagnostics>>http://www.active-hardware.com/english/misc/sandra.html
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:07:38 PM by merlin_2 »