Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! I have Win ME & trying 2 update my Adobe Reader & wont accept WinME  (Read 2880 times)

AngelGoddess

Topic Starter

:'( I bought an ebook & didnt know it needed to be read on Adobe Reader but Adobe wont let me with Windows ME & I dont know how or what to do and i NEED to read this book. Its a PDF? not sure what that is or if it will help one of you computer-smart ppl help me but PLEASE help me! email or reply ASAP PLEASE!  >:(  :(  :-[  :-\  :'(  ???

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    You can try installing an older version of Adobe Reader...
    But, since that doesnt have as many features, I am going to recommend Foxit Reader for Windows ME:
    http://filehippo.com/download_foxit/

Its a little different, and personally, I prefer the original  Adobe Reader, however, this one works quite well, and will work better than an outdated version of Adobe. (Especially bug and feature wise)

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    User asked via PM if Foxit Reader would work fine, even though the download instructions specifically said that Adobe Reader needs to be installed.

Yes, Foxit reader is very similar to Adobe in nearly every aspect. They both display the PDF file relatively the same way as well, there should be no noticeable differences while viewing content.

AngelGoddess

Topic Starter

Thank You, Zylstra! You're a peach! I'm only 29, but I love it when my Grandma says that to me. ;)