Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problems connecting laptop to TV  (Read 2412 times)

Sapper87

Topic Starter

problems connecting laptop to TV
    « on: January 05, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
    So my laptop has an ATI mobilty radeon x700 graphics card which has DVI and S video output. I hooked up my computer to my tv using a dvi-vga converter and a vga cable. I cloned the display on to my tv and it has been working perfectly for the past few days. However, today when I started my computer it no longer worked, my tv would say "no signal" or "invalid format". saying that though, when i started up a video game it showed up on the tv, but my desktop or any other programs will not show up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: problems connecting laptop to TV
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
    Some games play in a lower resolution  environments like 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.. is the desktop resolution set too high to where the TV is not syncing...try to lower the resolution to 1024 x 768 or another lower res setting and see if the desktop now comes back on the TV.

Sapper87

Topic Starter

Re: problems connecting laptop to TV
      « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »
      So i brought the resolution down to 800 x 600 and its working now. Thanks Dave