Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having problem with malware (logs attached)  (Read 3490 times)

KC_newbie

Having problem with malware (logs attached)
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »
My son rcently added the ares P2P software and afterward started having adjsted backgrounds and un able to get to the internet.   We had AVG 7 free addition AV up and running,  did some research and found that its no longer really supported so was looking for a suite application and installed the http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/VIPRE/.  It initially found the

trojan.fakealert                                              c:\windows\system32\sbwltbxa.exe
trohan.Vxgame.CWS-hijacker                         c:\windows\system32\ahtn.htm   
                                                                       c:\windows\system32\warning.gif

it quarentined them but the next scan found the same thing.   So I followed the advice and attached the logs.

So i was hoping someone could help me with this as the software i installed with directions found so many other things wrong or potentially harmful,  also could someone suggest a good anti virus/ malware firewall suite that is a reliable suite.

Thanks in advance

Dan   

[attachment deleted by admin]