Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with an error (session3 initialization)  (Read 6954 times)

xtremist28

need help with an error (session3 initialization)
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »
right after the windows loading screen (and before the welcome screen) i get the blue screen saying

session 3 initialization failed

technical info:  STOP 0X0000006F (0XC0000130, 0X00000000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

i hadn't downloaded anything just b4 this happened, but the only thing i can think of that might have caused it is...

when i go into my documents where i have some downloaded stuff, i would get a windows explorer error message saying it needs to close to protect data or something like that.  i singled out a file, by rearranging and putting in different files till i didnt get that message again, then deleted it.  after i did that, i restarted and the blue screen came up.  any suggestions? ideas?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: need help with an error (session3 initialization)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »
0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
The process creation failure indicated by this error message can only happen during the fairly brief time that the Windows Executive is being initialized, which is during phase 4 of Windows startup. Typically there is a problem with a device driver or with a missing or corrupt system file used during Windows startup.

Any new drivers tried recently ? ?
If so revert back to the originals...

If you can boot the machine go to Start/Run and type in sfc /scannow...have your XP CD handy.
Re-boot when finished.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "