Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer will not work, Monitor has orange stand by light  (Read 2383 times)

gonggirl

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Computer will not work, Monitor has orange stand by light
    « on: January 06, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »
    Hi, This is my kids computer, I was replacing the Graphics card from my computer to theirs, both computers were working perfectly. When the graphics card was replaced into the kids computer from mine, the kids computer would not work and the monitor just goes into standby. The fans work and the power button on the front of the computer comes on the hard drive doesn't seem to load though, I have tried to put the old graphics card back into it but I still get the same. I have tried taking the ram out one by one nothing chnages, it does give a great big beeep when I take one of the rams out. I took the power cords out of all the extras, hard drive dvd etc and continued to put them back one by one nothing changed. I even went and bought a bigger psu and replaced that still nothing. I've reset the Cmos and took the battery out but nothing. Everything seems to be ok on the motherboard no leaks or bulges but I am suspecting the motherboard or the CPU could be the problem, how or why I have no idea when it was working. I'm not sure whether to replace the motherboard or not or how much that would cost? Neither do I know what motherboard it is, I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyone can tell me how to identify the motherboard to see if I can replace it when the computer does not turn on? Thanks
    Ohh and when I went to try my old graphics card back in my computer again it doesn't work now but it did before, I get the computer to start and I get "Windows" loading but then it goes to a black screen I cannot get into the bios or into safe mode or anything. I had an old graphics card which need a new fan so i replaced that and now I have this computer up and working. Sorry to confuse the issue I think we'll start with the kids computer first, I just thought as none of the new cards are working in my computer maybe something in the kids computer blew them or something? Thanks