Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc not starting  (Read 2967 times)

anjeepsolution

Topic Starter

Beginner

pc not starting
    « on: January 06, 2009, 01:53:18 AM »
    Hello Sir,

I am using xp  os. And my mother board model is intel pga478B.
    Once when I started from  my pc a beep sound was coming continuos. When I removed a small speaker which was beside cmos battery then from that time a single beep is still coming  from then my pc and it is not starting. When ever I start cpu both fans work properly but in starting a beep sound comes. I tried to solve this problem by putting a new ram . Even I checked by putting ram in different slot. I even removed fan and processor. I even changed the battery and putted another cmos battery of another cpu. And cleaned all the dust from my mother board. But still I am not able to solve my problem . Please help me to start my pc.

Regards,

anjeep

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: pc not starting
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 04:21:57 AM »
    Try to remove all parts not needed modem,sound card any USB that is hooked up,then try to boot.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »
    What does your MBoard manual say in regard to beep codes ? ?
    One long beep is usually a RAM issue...
    Do you have the correct RAM ? ? All RAM is not the same...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

anjeepsolution

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:33 AM »
      I did according said by you. (i.e : i removed all the parts of the cpu. I removed the
      mbd aside. Then i only connected powersupply and ram to my mbd. And i started it.
      But still in starting once beep sound is coming. I tried by changing the slots and also by changing the ram. but i was not able to stop that beep sound. So please give me a solution. How should i make it ok.

Regards,

anjeep

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:19 AM »
      What does your MBoard manual say in regard to beep codes ? ?
      One long beep is usually a RAM issue...

Do you have the correct RAM ? ? All RAM is not the same...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Thundermac

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
        Try getting the compatible  RAM for your Motherboard.  you can change out the Pow supply to see if thats th problem.

anjeepsolution

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 07:01:38 AM »
          As said by you when i changed my power supply also. The beep sound stopped coming. So i was first happy. But still my display didn't come. So i went to the shop to buy a display card. The Dealer said that my mbd is faulty. So how should i repair my mbd to bring display. Bcz fan and all is working properly. So just give me a little idea what should i do in mbd. to bring my display.

I would like to say you there is four slots in my mbd. and i putted 1 by 1 new ram. But still my display didn't came. And also i put new display card to bring my display.
          So now i know that there is a problem in my mbd. So pls help me to solve it.

Regards,

Anjeep