Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: norton ghost  (Read 3146 times)

walter

norton ghost
« on: April 18, 2005, 03:09:56 AM »
when i try to install norton ghost on windows xp i get the following error message"error 1305 error reading from file D: programs files\symantec\norton ghost2003\tutorials\-w-1394 verfiy that this file exists and that you can access it". the file does exist, but when i try to access is i get told that it is busy, presumably with norton ghost. there is no facility to say that it exists or give any reply to the query, the installation then gets cancelled with a request to try again later. i have repeated this several times with the same result. help please. :)

cigarman

Intermediate
    Re: norton ghost
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 02:53:41 PM »
    Make sure your CDROM is clean and the CDROM drive is working by inserting another CD known to work. ;D

walter

Re: norton ghost
    « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 02:26:36 AM »
    thx for the reply. i think i didn't give enough detail in my original message. my machine has two hard drive, one running w.98 and the other xp pro. i have tried repeatedly tio install norton ghost on xp and always get the error message about file fw-1394. i have copied this file and tried to install it only to be told that the file exists. i have tried to access the file only to be told that it is being used by another app. i have used  task manager to see running apps but cannot identify the one using fw-1394. i have cleaned the disk and it is ok. i have tried syamntec help only to be told to try this forum. i would be gratefull for any answer.