Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting two PCs  (Read 2469 times)

indyblue250

Topic Starter

Rookie

Connecting two PCs
    « on: January 11, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »
    I have them connected through a basic router.  I want to transfer some of my music from limewire to Itunes.  The Itunes show that it recognizes the connection and is listed in the shared music, although no music is in there.  I have tried add the new folder to library, but when I click on the other PC it prompts for a account name and passowrd.  I have tried typing in the account name for the computer admin and its password, to no prevail.  What other password and/or username could it be searching for besides the admin one on the laptop?  Thats the only account on the laptop besides the guest account.

Appreciate the help.  Im pretty stupid when it comes to computers and had orginally just planned to burn all the music to CDs and transfer it accordingly, until I noticed they had a connection together

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Connecting two PCs
      « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 07:43:22 AM »
      Have you tried going the other way with the transfer, from the one that has to the one that doesn't?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!