Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do I need to update Quick Time....  (Read 6048 times)

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Do I need to update Quick Time....
    « Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 05:27:14 AM »
    Well guys, I had him upload the vids from his camera again to his computer and resend then without changing anything, still no numbers. The only thing that shows under the video clip when he sent them with only the numbers in which the videos were taken on his camera. There are three vids and  the numbers come over as, 100_0200.MOV, 100_0201.MOV, and 100_0202.MOV. These are the only numbers that show up under the videos. Is he uploading them right? He's doing this by taking out his memory card, putting it in a card reader, then taking these vids off the card reader to the computer. Should he upload these vids off his camera using a USB cord from the camera to the computer, would that make a diffrence? Should I have him try sending them over as an attachment in an email? We are sending them through Yahoo messenger, he has 8.0 and I have 9.0, does that have anything to do with it?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 09:38:31 AM »
    .mov files should play with no problem. It doesn't matter, which way they're sent.

mark227

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 06:19:47 AM »
      Tried to open the videos again and got same error message. ERROR 2048-Couldn't open file 100_200.MOV because it is not a file Quick Time understands. I just got done fixing a Vundo trojan I had. From the log report from Hijackthis, a guy on this site told me to check a lot of boxes in the log to fix or delete them. Do you think we deleted something that I needed to open these videos files. Could it be I'm missing some kind of software? I notice that after the Vundo was fixed that I couldn't open a lot of things, even things other people sent me in emails. It wants me to download and run a Registry scan. This is how I caught the Vundo in the first place, should I run a Registry scan?

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 09:52:04 AM »
      See, if VLC Player will open those files: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/