Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A TROJAN on my PC, need help!!! please all the pros out there NEED HELP!!  (Read 4548 times)

som1

Topic Starter

Starter

I don't know what happened but somehow some trojan is on my PC. When i google something like for eg. cricinfo and i click the website my browser will direct to some other random rogue antivirus website. And to add to the problem, a system alert sign (a red cross) is on my taskbar where the clock is and keeps saying "System Message, Self-restoring Trojan virus.... bla bla bla and i know that that is part of the trojan virus. How do i remove this, i have no antivirus software. PLEASE HELP ALL PROS!!

Im using Firefox and im a newbie

AzNVi3t2007

Rookie

I say reboot in safe mode w/networking and try to download malwarebytes anti-malware.
      <^>(>_<)<^>

monkeyboy_2008

Rookie

You should definitely get an antivirus program, unless you want to just reformat your computer...

There are quite a few good FREE ones out there that will suffice.
        I recommend AVG or Avast, I haven't used Avast myself, but I have AVG, and it is quite a good program. Get that, run the computer in safe mode, and run the antivirus.

som1

Topic Starter

Starter

My internet doesnt work in safe mode and when i googled 'AVG' and when clicked their website i got redirected to another website so i can't do anything... and i dnt want to reformat my PC... looks like im dead...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          Don't worry, Som1, we have a team of dedicated malware experts.

First, run through the guides here:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

and then post your logs in a new topic here:

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

and the malware experts will eventually come round and give you instructions.

Very rarely do they end up suggesting a complete format and install of your OS.
          I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

som1

Topic Starter

Starter

Okay im trying to download AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes but i just can't download it. When i type the address, 'http://www.avg.com', or 'http://www.malwarebytes.org' it just redirects me to the google search of 'avg' and 'malwarebytes' and when i click the website from the google search, it goes to go.google.com and then to a ip address or something and then to another website. I just can't download anything. I know tht i have to have a antivirus for you guys to help me but... i really don't know what to do know, no antivirus, no help it seems...S

Sorry for being a pain and whingy.
            « Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:13:33 PM by som1 »

AzNVi3t2007

Rookie

Do u have access to another computer? usually what I do is download the .exe file to a flash drive then try to run it on the current computer... but like BC_Programmer said...  a "team of dedicated malware experts" will help u . ::)

too bad im a rookie and my opinions never matter.
              <^>(>_<)<^>

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Beginner
              Okay im trying to download AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes but i just can't download it. When i type the address, 'http://www.avg.com', or 'http://www.malwarebytes.org' it just redirects me to the google search of 'avg' and 'malwarebytes' and when i click the website from the google search, it goes to go.google.com and then to a ip address or something and then to another website. I just can't download anything. I know tht i have to have a antivirus for you guys to help me but... i really don't know what to do know, no antivirus, no help it seems...S

You could of course try azNVi3t2007's suggestion of downloading using a separate machine to some form of removable media, and transfer to your current machine.

If your using Internet explorer, you could try to use Firefox to download the programs, hopefully the malware is just blocking you from downloading AV programs  :-\

when running Hijackthis you might need to rename it's executable to something else in order for it to run.

a "team of dedicated malware experts"

well, Actually, I was kind of imbellishing the truth. I think we have two, CBMatt and Evilfantasy. If we have others ATM I sure haven't seen them. This is probably why it's getting so backed up.
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

az284eddie

Greenhorn

one of the things you may want to do. Is check your internet provider. I had that same situation. I am at&t yahoo. And they have mcafee. which is free. pretty much most ISP's have free protection software. You went to virus website and maybe wanted to try it. And now they wont leave you alone. jam up your pc. keep on popin up. I you are cable. they can help you. If you dsl they can help you. If you are dail up. I hate to be you.

az284eddie

Greenhorn

I had so many Trojans and problems with pop ups. I had to erase and reformat my HDD  because of those problems.  And the most of you who are online. With an Internet Service Provider=ISP
                  Most  ISP's have software for you to use for free. I use at&t yahoo DSL. I went into the AT&T software center and downloaded their macafee.  And it works beautiful. I don't have those problems no more. I scan often. And at yahoo on their tool bar. it has anti spy ware. I use it all the time. it scans in seconds and shows and asks you for  removal spy ware cookies. just say yes and watch it all go away. I use it about every thirty minutes or so while online. And another situation  that I came to discover. I went in to do a search on my  hard drive. and searched for all DLL files. That blew me away. You know when you install software on your PC. all the Dll files came up. your windows and programs have Dll files. All installed programs have DLL files. well for example on  dll files. for windows. when you put the cursor on the dll icon. A little window opens up. And says what it is, And who it came from. for example Microsoft corp. the date installed. And so you know who it is and so you don't dare to mess with that. Another example. say you have  Nero in  your programs. which also may say Nero or ahead. On that dll point your cursor on  the dll icon. it shows you what it is. Nero or ahead and the date installed.
                  NOW YOU KNOW YOU DIDN'T INSTALL ANY PROGRAMS YESTERDAY OR LAST WEEK. WELL. Now get a load of this. And read this carefully. look at the dates installed. And who it came from . now if it says yesterdays date or last week when you know you  didn't install anything. nor did Microsoft. And then you come to see something like advancescanners.com and other site Dll's and has a very recent date. DELETE SUCH FILES!!!!! you can also get a Trojan DLL you can delete some of them. But the hard ones? Will not even let you in. they put a secret password and lock themselves in your own private pc without your consent. Man that is some super BS. And you don't know or have the password. and you won't  know who it came from. And that job is a long task to do. but you need to know. if you didn't have protection and you surfed the net. Then you need to find out.  And you better be good at it. TAKE CARE OF YOUR PC AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. What are Trojans? Well they don't come from hackers. Company's that spy and  websites that lock into your PC. Trojans and virus's are somewhat corrupting dll files. And you can find them there.  az284eddie.