Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I finally have sound, but no video, even after trying to install a decoder.  (Read 3825 times)

carci

Howdy.

I installed a new hard drive, and figured out how to install and update the drivers (after visiting this sight), but am still unable to play videos using Windows Media Player.  The player error reads that there's a picture resolution issue (I've played with it in varying degrees, to no avail), and the Media Center message reads that there's still no decoder, which I've tried installing from AVS and DivX.  I'm thinking about paying for one, but will be upset if I spend anymore money trying to solve this problem.

I'm able to watch DVDs using VLC, but I just want to know that everything on my computer works the way it should, and that the video may be watched using the Media Player because my boss will be watching a recorder presentation using that program. 

According to Driver Detective, I have about 6 PCi Bridge issues (which are system devices), and I think these are related to the video, as it's the only thing still inoperable. 4- Intel(R) 8281G (ICH7 Family)...  The only  chipset driver in this set that seems operable is the Microsft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (which might explain why the sound works).  I tried installing the chipsets manually, but am required to save the inf. info on a floppy, and my computer doesn't have a port for floppies. 

I have a Gateway NX560X, and have visited the website to download Media Card drivers, but I get error messages (which I am unable to share because that page won't show right now).  The one that I need, I think, is D20003-003-001 (Texas Instruments).

Please help.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
You might want to also get the XviD codec (xvid.org).

You can also try VLC player for your videos (videolan.org). It'll play just about any format. It nice, easy to use, and free.

Try those and see if that doesn't get your videos playing.