Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My log-in box disappeared.  (Read 2312 times)

hotarumyst

Topic Starter

My log-in box disappeared.
    « on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »
    Alright, so I was using a program that edits the login page of Windows. When I was messing around with it, I accidentally got rid of the login box (where you type your password when you're logging in).

The program was called Logon Studio, and there's nothing wrong with it, I just accidentally got rid of the login box when I was playing with one of the settings.

Is there any way I can log in without clicking on the box (because it's not there)? Or get rid of the program without logging in?

I tried safe mode and all this, and it just brings me to the login page, where I can't log in to Windows anyway. I'm using Windows XP, and I'm posting this from a different computer because I can't log in to my normal one at all.

Help? Thank you.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: My log-in box disappeared.
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »
    I tried safe mode and all this, and it just brings me to the login page, where I can't log in to Windows anyway. I'm using Windows XP, and I'm posting this from a different computer because I can't log in to my normal one at all.

This makes no sense...you said the login box dissappeared because of this program you were using...
    But safemode brings up the login box and yet you can't login ? ?
    I think there's more to this story we haven't learned yet.
    Your login should work in safemode...
    Login in safemode and remove the frilly app that is causing the issue.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hotarumyst

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
      The program changes the login screen. When I opened safe mode, the changed login screen comes up and the login box is still not there.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
      Format and start over.
      I never give this advice but all the clues you have provided are contradictory so try that.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "