Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Voice Modem Question and Wave Files  (Read 2591 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Voice Modem Question and Wave Files
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
Checking to see if anyone here knows of a tool or means by which to Dial out using a Voice modem then after a time delay of 10 seconds play a wave audio file.

This is not for telemarketing purposes!

This is for a hobby project I am working on in which I am looking for a way to simply send a Wave or other Audio file in audio form over a telephone line after a call has been initiated by a Voice Modem.

I have a Voice Modem with TAPI support and havent found any google hits on a software to make this happen other than buying couple hundred dollar software packages that telemarketers use etc. For the fact that I am not making any money on this, it doesnt justify spending that kind of money. I just think it would be cool if I could make it work.

Closest hit I found was a sample tool to play text as audio so the program can read out a text file in electronic voice form over a Voice call, but its a compiled EXE with no source to dig into it and see where I might be able to port over a wave input to the audio output o fthe voice modem.

Hoping someone may have played with Voice Modems before to point the way to making this work. Many links suggesting that a wave file can be played over a Voice Modem, but no examples of how to make it work.

Thanks

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Voice Modem Question and Wave Files
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »
I had an old voice modem that shipped with SuperVoice software...tons of features although i don't know if it will fit your needs...
Here Ya Go...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Voice Modem Question and Wave Files
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 12:31:50 AM »
Thanks for the info...will check this out  8)