Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All my passwords are deleted?  (Read 3649 times)

Eza

Topic Starter

Starter

All my passwords are deleted?
    « on: January 16, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »
    Hello, these days i am having lots of problems with mozilla firefox (a fast browser like IE(Internet explorer)). First of all it always crashes and i thought that i had a problem with my internet which then i realised i didn't because IE works well and never crashes. I use Mozilla cause it's fast and the only browser i can rely on (an old user). But now today i checked all the websites i was registered to now it doesn't show the username and passwords i registered for it?! Also from now on i can't save any passwords for any website :( I might need to change my default browser but i just love Mozilla for it's fast and the awesome add-ons it has. Is there a way to fix this?

P.S: The crashes happened for the past 2 weeks or so and the remember passwords happened yesterday-today. Also my internet slowed down a lot it starts with (when it shows the how fast it's downloading) with 5 kb/s! and then starts going up to the usual speed of 150kb/s+? So when i play watch movies online games on my ps3 it goes at terrible speeds? I'm connected to Telstra and only used 48% of my allowance...

Thank you...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: All my passwords are deleted?
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 09:42:14 PM »
    Sorry about you problems.

The best I can offer is that you need to find out if you computer has been infected with some kind of "malware" or if the hardware is failing.

Fire Fox has a new version out that may be more reliable.

Everyone should have some kin of backup system for the computer. Some people use an external HDD and save everything. Others use a DVD burner and put the most important documents and other things onto DVDs.

In fire Fox you can make a print of you current passwords by using the print screen key and then use a image editor to print the image on your printer.
    You would go full screen with Fire Fox, show passwords, hit the print screen key. The go to start and programs then paint or whatever image program you like. Paste the image, then print it. If not all the passwords fit, scroll down and do it again. Keep the pages in a safe place.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: All my passwords are deleted?
    « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 09:01:20 AM »
    What version of Windows are you using? What version of IE and Firefox do you have installed?

What protections do you use (firewall, virus, spyware, etc.)? What maintenance routine, if any, such as disk cleanup using Windows Disk Cleanup or CCleaner, and defragmenting your hard drive?