Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard trouble shooting  (Read 2905 times)

leocool

Topic Starter

Starter

keyboard trouble shooting
    « on: January 16, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
    i m using windows xp service pack 2. when i switch on my computer in the log in screen i could type using my keyboard fr the password field,but once i enter the windows explorer my keyboard wont function..what is the cause.pls reply..i tried reconnecting the key board and restarting it. its of no use

Blade285

Beginner

Re: keyboard trouble shooting
      « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:51:42 AM »
      what keyboard is it?
      when did this start happening?

have you tried a different keyboard?
      'Have you tried turning it on and off? Have you checked it's plugged in?'- The IT Crowd automated help system

leocool

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 07:52:03 PM »
        my keyboard is compaq. i tried connecting another keyboard its not working

Blade285

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
          if it's usb, try another socket
          or if it's ps/2 try a usb keyboard
          'Have you tried turning it on and off? Have you checked it's plugged in?'- The IT Crowd automated help system

GeekModo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »
          also... try restarting to safe mode.  could be another driver is interfering. if, after a safe mode boot the keyboard starts to work. get into device manager and have it show you hidden devices.  look for devices in the keyboard, mouse or human interface sections, remove duplicates in these locations.  be forewarned, have your driver cd ready and a copy of the windows cd available as doing this may cause windows to ask for it in order to replace a corrupt driver.