Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Heavily Infected Laptop w/o Internet Access  (Read 3364 times)

fishhead1306

Topic Starter

Starter

Heavily Infected Laptop w/o Internet Access
    « on: January 18, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
    My son's Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop is heavily infected. I followed steps 1, 2 & 3. With Step 3, SAS could not update because the laptop cannot connect to the internet despite a wireless modem that appears to be working fine with an excellent signal. So, I did a complete scan with definitions the program said were 45 days old. It still found 200+ viruses that it quarantined. After rebooting, I was hoping to regain internet access, update SAS, rerun it and continue with the remaining steps but that did not happen.
    SAS log is attached.
    What do I do now?

[attachment deleted by admin]

spacecat9

Beginner

• Hardware Guru
      Re: Heavily Infected Laptop w/o Internet Access
      « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:37:53 PM »
      How long have you had the viruses. have you tried a system restore to an earlyer time before the virus were on the machine. after doing this scan your computer and update that virus software.
      Hope all goes well.

Spacecat9 :)

fishhead1306

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Heavily Infected Laptop w/o Internet Access
        « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
        The laptop has been problematic for a couple months. The earliest restore point was Dec 11. I tried to restore to that point but it would not happen. When I hit Next at the Confirm Restore Point Selection, nothing happens.

The laptop is running Windows XP Pro ver 2002 with SP3.