Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to Install a WebCam  (Read 3561 times)

Gregg123

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Trying to Install a WebCam
    « on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »
    Hi,
    I have something called a IntuixUSB PC Camera (WebCam to me!), I have used it on my work PC (installation was very easy) & I am now trying to use it on my laptop.

I have the User Manual, Installation CD & the WebCam - obviously!

When I insert the CD, it makes a few noises & nothing happens. So, I follow their instructions: Start > Run > D:\Setup.exe - and I get an error message:

Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

So...I went on the Search for the Drivers - not easy because this this doesn't appear to have a Model Number. But I found something and downloaded the Zip file to my desktop and then extracted the files.

The good news (or so I thought) is that the PDF manual with the drivers is the same as mine!

In the Driver folder I clicked Setup.exe and the set up process starts correctly - until I get a new Error message:

Please update your XP Version to Service Pack 2

I thought this was strange - Auto update is on. So, I found out how to check and I already have SP3 - no problems there!

There are a load of other folders that came with the Driver I downloaded, but my extremely limited knowledge is now exhausted, and all I know is the WebCam doesn't work!

Finally, even though it tells me not to connect the Camera until the Setup finishes - I plugged it in the USB. It is recognised but 'New hardware Wizard' can find nothing.

Help!! ???

Thanks in advance!

Gregg

spacecat9

Beginner

• Hardware Guru
      Re: Trying to Install a WebCam
      « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
      http://members.driverguide.com

i dont know what model your machine is but there are drivers here.

you will need to sign up for a membership you will need to be american or pretend use the 90210 post code i all ways do. and when the site offers you products just hit no thanks on the bottom right hand corner of the screen...
      Hope all goes well.

Spacecat9 :)

Gregg123

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Trying to Install a WebCam
        « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:04:07 AM »
        I managed to sign up, but I couldn't find the driver I needed. The manual is so vague, and there is no model number - all I have is 'IntuixUSB PC Camera', and there is no entry for that.

As I said, I think I have the correct Drivers sitting on my Desktop, but I am getting this strange error about the Service Pack.

Any more ideas?