Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: compaq issues question  (Read 4530 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

compaq issues question
    « on: January 19, 2009, 11:04:45 AM »
    running maxblast on my compaq it comes up saing that the following drive is not in use in your system
    drive model:bios drive (81 hex) 7.9 gb would you like to setup it up for use in this system?

Is that part of the space the bios is useing for it settings or ??????
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: compaq issues question
    « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
    Hmmmm?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:28:33 AM »
    no. The compaq sounds like it is simply too old to recognize the actual size of the drive. Which brings up the same question as always: "your compaq"- could we perhaps have a little background on what "your compaq" is? How big is the drive, etc.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
      I'll get that to you here soon have a class have to go tooo....
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
        I dont have the infomation on it at the moment, thought I had mentioned it once but it was the other one.  Well it orginally ran 98 I put in a 20 gb maxtor an tried install 98 on to it.  It has about 128 mb of sdram nothing else at the moment.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
          Its a compaq Model 58W120 2OH7DTY9616F Running 98 Celeron socket 370.  I am also haveing another issue with it.  I go an try an install my sound drive then it restarts an ask for the 98 disk.  I get ksclockf.ax on 98 cd can not be found.  It points to this directory c:/windows/options/cabs 

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
          Its a compaq Model 58W120 2OH7DTY9616F Running 98 Celeron socket 370.  I am also haveing another issue with it.  I go an try an install my sound drive then it restarts an ask for the 98 disk.  I get ksclockf.ax on 98 cd can not be found.  It points to this directory c:/windows/options/cabs 

do you have the windows 98 CD? if so insert it and change it to "D:\win98" (of course, replace D: with your CD drive)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
            Thanks sorry I've been doing alot so sorry if I seem alittle off.  But umm anything about the other question?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
            I've asked this before but what version of MaxBlast are you running and what is the manuf. of the drive ? ?

Humor me.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
              I usually run 4 a maxtor drive of course.  I changed the directory an it couldnt find that file. 

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
                I think it cause the drive went outside of the set peramiters like it was mentioned earlier.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »
                I think it's because you assume MaxBlast works on ALL HDD's.....it doesn't.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »
                  no it does as long as there one present the limit is 15 I went 5 over have a 10 gb in there know.

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
                  No...it doesn't.

Run it on a newer WD HDD and you will have another 3 pages of hard drive issues...

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                    • BC-Programming.com
                  « Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 12:54:37 PM »
                  Why are you so obsessed with using maxblast all the time anyway? why not partition and format without some vendor specific tool written for a different brand of HD?