Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help!! Fakealert infection  (Read 2923 times)

Niecy

Help!! Fakealert infection
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
I too am having a heck of a time with this mess!! I cannot update anything, I cannot download anything to help me with this problem, I have found removal tools off the AVG website but I cannot download them because I am blocked and get the internet explorer error cannot find webpage, it is called Antivirus 2009/TDSS* rootkit infection...does anyone know where to go and get a download that will get rid of this, I have scanned at least 6 times from the microsoft website, but it just comes right back, and I cannot get my computer to boot in safe mode. It has infected all of my systems 3 desktops and one laptop. I am pulling hair and its not mine LOL!

codyBane

Re: Help!! Fakealert infection
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
Crazy because when I googled this "Antivirus 2009/TDSS* rootkit infection", or anything to those effects I can't find anything that seem of any use.
I wish I could help ... sorry.
Cody

tylerisdabest

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »
put all of the setups on a jump drive or cd from a frends comp

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

get those items

tylerisdabest

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
also dont download an antivirus before you have read reviews from webstes (i have made that mistake)