Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Wake my system up in Sleep mode  (Read 2866 times)

Montiro Fernando

Can't Wake my system up in Sleep mode
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »
-----------------Help- ???-Help- ???Help-------------------------

My computer is in sleep mod, i can't wake it up because the mouse and the keyboard dont work.  

I tried to put in a new keyboard and mouse but it still dosn't work. When i put in the new keyboard, the keyboard tells me that it's a sleep

----------Any Help Will be greatly Appreciated----------------

pcdoc4christ

Re: Can't Wake my system up in Sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 05:15:05 PM »
Montiro:

Does this happen every time you turn on your computer?  Does this happen immediately, or are you able to use the computer for awhile before it goes into sleep mode?

Regards,
Doc

Montiro  Fernando

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:54:39 PM »

No, I am not able to use my computer. it goes off to sleep mode instantly. I don't have anything on the screen. the button to turn on the monitor and the pc is orange. Indicating that it is in sleep.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 06:30:41 AM »
Montiro:

Try this: Restart your computer and listen to the hard drive.  When it stops making noise, Windows should be done loading.  Then, push the power button on the monitor to turn it off, wait 10 seconds, then turn the monitor back on.  

Let us know how it goes.
Doc

Montiro Fernando

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 04:12:11 PM »
I tried what you suggested but that didn't work. I think that there is nothing going to the computer. Everything works, but i think the mother board is not reciving a signal. From any of the componets.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »
Montiro:

Were there any changes made just prior to this happening?  (For example, did you add a new video card or other expansion card?  Did you install a new program or new device drivers?)

Have you tried adjusting the brightness and contrast on the monitor itself? (there should be buttons or dials to allow you to do this).

Have you checked that the data cable and power cable are both connected firmly to the monitor and to the computer?

Do you see the memory test and other information appear on the monitor when you first turn the computer on (before Windows loads), or does the monitor stay black with no white letters or numbers appearing at all?

Does the computer give any beep tones? (normally, it will beep just once if no problems are found, but more than once if there is a problems with a hardware device).

Do you have another monitor that you may try to use with this computer?  Or, do you have a friend who has a computer who will let you try your monitor with her computer?  (If another monitor works on your computer or your monitor will not work on another computer, then you may have to replace your monitor).

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 09:13:34 PM by pcdoc4christ »