Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Need a Monitor  (Read 2009 times)

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

I Need a Monitor
    « on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:53 AM »
    I need a monitor and I want to get the most bang for my buck. My buget is around $350.

What do you think of this monitor?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

The return policy is 8 dead pixles. Is that good?

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I Need a Monitor
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:10:25 AM »
    I would  expect most people on this forum to recommend going into a shop and actually see the monitor in action, then see if you can find that model cheaper elsewhere i.e. online.

That monitors specs do look good though. Personally I can't help you with the price though, see in the UK any American merchandise has an amazing price.

chevronman

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:01 PM »
      I don't know what you are using it for but, I have a HP w2207h and I love the choice I made. It's a 22" 5 mil response, it's bright, crisp, the picture is still really good from the sides, it also has a feature that you can physically rotate the screen 90 degrees from landscape to portrait mode and it will automatically switch back and forth as you turn the screen. It also tilts well and moves up and down about 5 inches. It also has a HDMI input as well. I paid $250.00+tax. The 24" was about $100.00 more.
      The only drawback which for me is minor is that the base is a little to big other than that it's great!

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
      24" is a very good size.  A 22" if not 1920x1080 wont look as sharp becuase most 22" moniters have the same res as a 20".  That moniter you posted looks really good.

Truthisone

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
        I've seen acer monitors in person (just not this particular model) and in general they look really nice.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
        I have a acer 24" but its an old model (p244w).  Very nice monitor. he is supposed to be hugging that moniter which is supposed to be an acer.