Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Comman Prompts  (Read 2896 times)

feather

Topic Starter

Starter

Comman Prompts
    « on: January 20, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
    Vista Home Edition, Acer laptop.  Is there a way to tell what command prompts have been added to a system after setup.  There are some areas of the setup that I can not get to it says, I do not have permission.  Preinstalled software, did a reinstall not a restore and the password that was originally setup was still required- so, I believe that the parition as been altered too.  When doing the reinstall I saw four command prompt lines pop-up, one I was able to read but have lost what it was now.  The system does not have a virus but has been invaded to monitor the system.  Before reinstall the system would find many locations with the wifi now it just shows one.  I thought it was possible that a command pompt that has been added has effected that.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank you

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Comman Prompts
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
    I don't understand here...but i'm not the sharpest marble...if you are infected what steps have you taken to clean this up ? ?
    Exactly what functions are you locked out of ? ?
    Whose machine is this ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

feather

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »
      I don't understand here...but i'm not the sharpest marble...if you are infected what steps have you taken to clean this up ? ?
      Exactly what functions are you locked out of ? ?
      Whose machine is this ? ?
      My machine.  I recently realized that one should not log on as an administrator.  I do not have a virus.  What I have is an invasion.  Now others can monitor the computers activity, this is what I want to stop.  I have learned a lot but a little to late. 
      Is there a way to list command prompts that have been added?  If I had the software, I would reinstall but it is a preinstalled system. 
      I was going through the command prompts on this website and a few of them I was told I did not access  http://www.windowsvistauserguide.com/vista_dos_commands.htm
      Can you help me.   :) ty

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:31 AM »
      What do you hope to achive thru command prompts to "stop the invasion" ? ?
      If the machine has been turned into a bot i would highly suggest a complete wipe and re-install of your Windows operating system.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "