Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got new mobo, now Vista won't boot.  (Read 2511 times)

God For Hire

Got new mobo, now Vista won't boot.
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:53:57 AM »
I'm in the process of building a new PC. I already had the thing put together and had Vista installed when some other hardware issue caused me to get a new mobo. Now that that issue is taken care of and the new mobo installed and bios up to date, Vista will not boot.

Every time I try to boot in all the different safe modes, last good config or normally it gets to the boot window with the bar at the bottom that moves(sorry the name is escaping me right now). The bar moves for 15-30 seconds then freezes. Then a blue screen flashes for a split second and the PC reboots.

I've tried to just reinstall windows, but it freezes after the moving bar screen. It gets to what looks like the first screen on the OS with the mouse that I can move around for about 30 seconds then it just freezes and stays there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Got new mobo, now Vista won't boot.
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:22 AM »
    I'm in the process of building a new PC. I already had the thing put together and had Vista installed when some other hardware issue caused me to get a new mobo.{Too vague. What issues? Now that that issue is taken care of and the new mobo installed and bios up to date, Vista will not boot.

Every time I try to boot in all the different safe modes, last good config or normally it gets to the boot window with the bar at the bottom that moves(sorry the name is escaping me right now). The bar moves for 15-30 seconds then freezes. Then a blue screen flashes for a split second and the PC reboots.

I've tried to just reinstall windows, but it freezes after the moving bar screen. It gets to what looks like the first screen on the OS with the mouse that I can move around for about 30 seconds then it just freezes and stays there.  You mean it goes through the install process and freezes?  How many RAM sticks do you have / if more than one have you tried swapping them out one-at-a-time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!