Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Parental Control  (Read 2567 times)

jodo

Parental Control
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:47:30 AM »
This is the first time I've had anything to do with a forum, I'm not even sure if this is the one I send my question to.  But I'm sure someone will set me straight.......i hope.  I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 530S desktop, with Genuine Windows Vista(R) Ultimate 32 bit SP1.  my, how inteligent one sounds when they copy straight from the packing slip!!! I put parental control on it, and now I want to know how to clean up the viewing log.  I've looked at solutions else where and none of them correspond with my Windows.  Help, Please.
jodo

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Parental Control
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:06:02 AM »
Rather than go into all the details here,
may I suggest you go to this site:
http://search.microsoft.com/advancedsearch.asp

That is the advanced search support for Microsoft.
In the search box just enter "parental control", but without the quotation marks.
Press the button that looks like a magnifier to search just inside the Microsoft data. You will find many articles about the parental controls in VISTA and how to use them. Microsoft should be your first source of information.

Other web sites may recommend that you buy some more software. That is not needed.  :)