Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A strange system problem  (Read 3100 times)

MegaMaster

A strange system problem
« on: April 19, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »
My little brother got a computer built for him by a professional.  However, it's been suddenly shutting down whenever anything is clicked or when he's playing on Nick.com.  I really need help fast!!

he's got an AMD Mobile athlon processor in a ABIT NF7-M motherboard, 120 Gig HD, and a wireless card in a pci slot.

Thanks to all those who can help me!

Kablam

Re: A strange system problem
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »
tryed a virus scan? doesn't sound like anything else except maybe a PSU problem. though it is unlikely

MegaMaster

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 06:06:54 PM »
We've done a slew of virus scans, so it's probably the CPU, right?

Kablam

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 06:15:03 PM »
not the CPU the Power Supply.... though i do dowbt that. If it was the PSU then it would be closing down more regularly. not beeing able to boot properly.

have you made any hardware changes recently?

MegaMaster

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 01:46:41 PM »
Well, no not really,  It's a new power supply, I think....I'm gonna have to talk it over with my father who purchased most of the parts.  

I heard that it's more a Processor incompatability with the motherboard, but the MB was transfered from my computer (which it worked like gold) but I don't think anything was damaged in the transfer.  

We HAVE had the same problem with my dad's old comp, then the PSU shorted.  I think that may be it.

merlin_2