Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem in, C:\ program files  (Read 2349 times)

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

Problem in, C:\ program files
    « on: January 23, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
    On my computers hard drive under program files I have a game installed. I uninstalled the game to fix a problem I was having but noticed that some files associated with that game are still in my system. When I tried to delete them they wouldn't delete. So I clicked on the file to see what was still there I got this error message, C:\program files\game\objects refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network The file properties said it was empty so I reinstalled the game thinking it would not cause any problems. However this old file still interferes with the game by merging itself with the new install. If the file is empty why? Any suggestions. Thanks Alot

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problem in, C:\ program files
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »
    It would seem that you did not do a proper un install. When you remove a program there can be some files left. This is a problem with the way windows does things and the way program developers understand things.

If the files are small,
    there should not be a problem just leaving them.  ???

IamError

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
      Geek-9pm is correct, the game hasn't uninstalled correctly.

Try restarting and deleting them from cmd using the DELTREE comand

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »
        Thanks I will try another un install and install. It could have been just a one time thing.