Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE7??? Malware??? Spyware??? Registry Errors??? HELP!!!  (Read 3418 times)

echudson

IE7??? Malware??? Spyware??? Registry Errors??? HELP!!!
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
I AM FRUSTRATED!!! I have spent a lot of time trying to post messages to the "virus and infections" category, as instructed by you. When I leave my "post" to reread instructions, look up info, etc... I CANNOT GET BACK TO IT! GONE!  TWICE.

I found your site via a new error message (can't find it again) that I received. I was unable to close a tab... "without causing possible damage to my computer".   Many such error messages were received by lots of your users, according to the posts.  I went through your entire instruction sheet for "Do this before you ask for help with malware removal".

In addition to the programs you recommended, I use AVG Free AntiVirus and Spyware - real time.  I also use RegCure on a scheduled basis.  I use Windows Firewall.  I use Spybot and Ad-Aware (installed by computer tech) only when I do regular computer maintenance.  I also use defrag and disc cleanup.

I FULLY removed the McAfee Security Suite in December after many problems with backup, their firewall, and startup error messages.  McAfee ran their removal tool for me.

End-December I got help from Microsoft with ongoing problems with IE7 that they primarily called "startup error messages".  They took over my computer and said they fixed everything relating to IE7 and WinXP (Service Pack 3 installed). There was also a scripting error at shut down that went away, but has since come back.

For several days, the computer ran beautifully... then it began slowing down again. Sometimes IE7 will open in duplicate, sometimes the tabs there on shut down will reappear (as requested) and sometimes not, startup errors are reappearing, the scripting error is back, and IE7 is VERY, VERY SLOW.  A week or so ago, a fast clicking (almost "creaking") sound started occuring on startup.  Then it stops and will occasionally reoccur.  There is a "popping" sound about every 5 seconds.  It is continuous.  I have never experienced these issues previously.

One of the earlier startup errors related to my HP Photosmart software, with which I had trouble since October.  Following extensive "cleanup" that my computer tech did on my computer, the scanner stopped working. After many hours of research, HP chats, trying to set the printer up on ethernet, etc, the scanner started working again when I went back to the USB cable connection.  However, the HP error message showed up with each startup of the computer.  That software is currently uninstalled, awaiting reinstallation.

Another, and continuing, startup message error relates to SeaGate's external hard drive.  Microsoft said that I need to uninstall and reinstall this software also.  I haven't done so yet.

At this point, I am getting error messages constantly.  Debugging errors are occuring again (disappeared after Microsoft worked on the computer), application errors, etc.  And, my basic HP printer is "jammed" (4 documents in the queu... can't cancel or print anything, even by changing print priority.

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with 1 gigabite of RAM and a 160 gig hard drive.  It has a dual core processor and is 4 years old.  The hard drive crashed 1 1/2 years ago.  The data was backed up and the hard drive replaced by the Geek Squad.  The computer has never been quite the same since,  though I continue to work with it and do regular maintenance.

However, after my tech cleaned it up in October and Microsoft took it over in December, it was fast and accurate for about 3-4 days or so on each occasion. 

HELP!

Edie

[attachment deleted by admin]