Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing User Account Page (update )  (Read 2027 times)

Babs

Missing User Account Page (update )
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:48 PM »
 when I try to ....shut down my pc it will ask me If I am sure I want to shut it down because there are other people logged onto this computer,,,,( but I am the ONLY one who is on this computer,,,),so I decided to check the user accounts page and For some reason when I go to my user accounts page,,,,,a sign comes up and says,,,,,," wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment",,,,,,,it will not show user account page,,,,anyone know what this means or how to correct the problem? thanks so much u brainiacs!

I have tried to do both answers,,,, a system restore,,,,but I am not allowed to back far enough,,,,,,,also,,,,,I am the administrator no one else is logged into my pc,,,,, This is Micro XP home edition,,,I dont have local users and groups listed under MY Computer,,,,,and I tried to do the,,,,,run sfc/scannow,,,,but it says,,,,cant find this file,,,,,,anyone have any other ideas???????? thanks so much.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:29:37 PM by Babs »

IamError

Rookie

Re: Missing User Account Page
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
    Are you signed in as the administrator of the computer or with an account from the admin group?

If so go to my computer -> manage -> local users and groups under the users folder what do you see?

Do you see anything there that seems odd or a user that has a discription that doesn't seem right?

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Missing User Account Page
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
    Try doing a system restore to before the problem started.

If that doesn't work, then click start then run and type in:
    sfc /scannow
    have your windows CD handy - it will ask for it.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/