Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: reading hotmail/live. My problem is different!  (Read 2396 times)

elimay

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

reading hotmail/live. My problem is different!
    « on: January 26, 2009, 10:05:04 AM »
    Hello,
       I have windows xp and can use IE7, mozilla firefox or google chrome.   When I try to access hotmail/live with IE or mozilla firefox, I get a blank white page.   If I use Chrome, I can access the mail, but I cannot "READ" anything.   I was going to try the "safe mode" for firefox, but got confused.   What box do I check?  Disable all add-ons/ reset toolbars, controls/ reset bookmarks to firefox defaults/ reset all user preferences to firefox defaults/ reset restore default search engines????   OR, check none of these and just click "continue?
       Why do I get a white/blank page with IE and firefox and how do I fix that?
    Liz

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: reading hotmail/live. My problem is different!
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:09:07 AM »
    Try Firefox Safe Mode. Untick all the boxes and click Continue.

When did this start?

What Operating System?

elimay

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:43:47 AM »
      Hello,
         Thanks for the reply, although I think I am "familiar", I am no computer "EXPERT", so I hope I answer correctly when I say my operating system is WINDOWS XP.   This problem with hotmail started right after I did a windows update, about four/five weeks ago.
         I have two other emails, so I only read through hotmail ocassionally, but I just happened to need to read an email in hotmail, though I found another way to get info I needed.

If I use firefox safemode and uncheck ALL to read through hotmail, am I correct that it will go out of safemode when I shut down?

FYI, I am a disabled person, quite a bit housebound and a computer is a "LIFE" for me, I am always willing to learn.
      Liz

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
         If I use firefox safemode and uncheck ALL to read through hotmail, am I correct that it will go out of safemode when I shut down?
      Actually, starting Firefox in its Safe Mode just means it will have all add-ons disabled.
      Have you tried it?

If the problems persists in Firefox Safe Mode, I suggest booting into Windows Safe Mode.
      http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
      Note: when you get the F8 Menu, choose Safe Mode With Networking.

elimay

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
        Hi,
           Thanks for the reply.   I haven't tried doing the safe mode with firefox to try to read hotmail because hotmail is a third email for me and it almost literally lays dormant.   I'll probably have to try it once in awhile so I can delete out the junk emails.
        Liz