Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Build Slow Programs Loading  (Read 2217 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

New Build Slow Programs Loading
    « on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »

DVD CD Bunner/Reader
    Dual Fans 3.5 drive
    Floppy drive
    2.8 ghz 478 pentium 4
    biostar 478
    rj11
    maxtor 300 gb sata
    maxtor 80 gb ide
    1 gb ultra ddr
    350 watt psu
    on board nic,video,sound
    maxtor additonal ide drive card
    four back usb ports + usb hub an two front
    windows xp professional

when I get into xp know even with a small amount of programs I want it takes long to load or have everything boot up.  before it took only about 30 seconds or so know its like a minute to two
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

xavier

Re: New Build Slow Programs Loading
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:18 PM »
    In safe mode : run a chkdsk, try deleating un used programs, could be malware,adaware & spyware run a check on those, do a disclean up

EMUSR

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »
      Could be your Anti programs, Spy sweeper was way to radical so I deleted it and almost everything was back to normal.  I reinstalled it and about a week later it was doing the same thing all over.

Any "real time" monitoring program will slow your computer down but some are faster than others depending on the amount of programs you have and the amount of symptoms it's looking for

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:59:10 PM »
      Sounds like the HDD Bus(es) are being flooded by one drive and not letting any more info through...I get the same when using my DVD Drive when trying to access my C: drive

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
        Sounds like the HDD Bus(es) are being flooded by one drive and not letting any more info through...I get the same when using my DVD Drive when trying to access my C: drive

that sounds like the most reasonable explantion considering I dont have anything mentioned above installed.  I mean I only have bare minimal installed.  WMP,Cool Edit an the mb programs
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres