Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PunkbusterB issue  (Read 3339 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

PunkbusterB issue
    « on: January 25, 2009, 08:59:05 AM »
    Ok , so i was messing around with some config files on bash and slash , and noticed i was getting a lot of lag in game , so i decided to delete the Main pb file within my call of duty 2 folder , ive done it before with no issues what so ever , i just go to Pbsetup.exe and update it..... Simple right?

As soon as i installed some updated video drivers the punkbuster servers where kicking me for PunkbusterB failing? Basically as soon as i got into game , punkbusterB would shut itself down within my services.... Now i know what your thinking , use punkbusters other program pbsvc , well ive done that as well , it says the following..

OK
    Sending load packet to PnkBstrB    SENT
    Checking PnkBstrK driver status    RUNNING
    Stopping PnkBstrK                  STOPPED
    Deleting PnkBstrK                  OK
    Checking PnkBstrK driver status    DELETED
    Manually stopping PnkBstrB         STOPPED
    Removing test PnkBstrB file        OK

Something is causing PunkbusterB to stop , now having no antivirus installed on this computer and no firewall , there's nothing that could block it from starting! Im about to install some free anti virus for my weekly scan , just to check if i am infected , which i highly doubt i am. Ive read a lot about it being a Admin issue , but im clearly admin for this computer as its mine and its the only account on here.....

Theres also this :

[02.01.2009 00:32:34] ERROR: File "PnkBstrB.exe" does not exist.

Keep in mind ive tried installing it 100 times , and it appears in services.
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: PunkbusterB issue
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:29:16 AM »
    Something is causing PunkbusterB to stop , now having no antivirus installed on this computer and no firewall , there's nothing that could block it from starting! Im about to install some free anti virus for my weekly scan , just to check if i am infected , which i highly doubt i am.

I hate to tell you but if you have an active internet connection and no firewall or anti-virus software installed then there is a good chance you are infected.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!