Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new computer  (Read 2152 times)

tylerisdabest

new computer
« on: January 27, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »
im thinking of either bulding a new computer or just buying one but i need to know all the parts i need and i have a spending limit 1.4k. who can tell me the best cards(sound, video(im thinking the nidvia gtx 295 gtx would be good if i can get a bit more money)) plz tell me all the parts i need (other than the box) or if you could link me a list of the parts i need

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: new computer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
Can you build your own computer?  As in, do you have the ability to do so?  Not wanting to be rude, just want to make sure.
What do you need other than the computer?  Monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS, software, printer ... etc.
What do you want to use this computer for?

joevh09

Hopeful
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »
Repyling to your graphics card suggestion i would personally go with a Radeon 4870 x2 because its a little cheaper but its just a little slower than the Nvidia 295.

WilliamMichael

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »
    Boy I would like to know too, how does one go about building a computer on their own? Is there a magazine that can help, I have a degree in electronics, and have some experience inside my own computer, but just how hard is this process?????????? :-\

ThrowingShapes

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
      Boy I would like to know too, how does one go about building a computer on their own? Is there a magazine that can help, I have a degree in electronics, and have some experience inside my own computer, but just how hard is this process?????????? :-\

It really isn't to difficult, in fact it's almost all color coded for you.  The main rule to building a computer is if it doesn't fit, it doesn't go there.  I say that with a little hesitation though because I have seen somebody trying to cram pci cards into agp slots.

As far as this system goes, the graphics card you'll want will depend on the resolution of the monitor you chose.  The 295 isn't really a good "bang for your buck" card and at resolutions such as 1680x1050 (19 to 22 inches I believe) the power behind nvidia and ati's top cards will be excessive. 

What do you need other than the computer?  Monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS, software, printer ... etc.
      What do you want to use this computer for?
      x2