Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Burning Software  (Read 3555 times)

Kennywray

Topic Starter

Starter

Burning Software
    « on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:28 AM »
    Can anyone tell me how it works to burn copies of Ps2 games on computer? and what software needs to be used. They have a wide selection of programs, but unsure what to use.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Burning Software
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 05:20:25 AM »
    You can't. It's illegal.

Read our forum rules:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,58736.0.html

Kennywray

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:41:27 AM »
      I am not talking about making copies of games. But with an HD loader you can put games on a HDD and play them without using the disc. They tell you to make a back up of the HD loader. But it is in PS2 format and PS2 don't write to the disc.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »
      You want us to help you rip the game to your computer. That's a no-can-do from us.

Kennywray

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »
        No! THis is not a game. It is a program that you put in the disk and it allows you to put games on a hard drive and play them without having to put in the disk. The hard drive program requires you the have the original disk in order to load the game to the hard drive. It is not illegal to do this. We just bought the Loader. They contain an elf file and I don't know if I can put the disk in my E machine writer without hurting my drive. It tells you to make a backup of the loader. I don't know how to do that without putting it in my computer. I don't want to mess up my PC. It won't make a backup on the PS2.

cjones

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
        Carbon:
        it rips to a HDD in the ps2 not to a computer.

Kenny:
        try clicking install at the hdloader screen

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »
        @ carbon.

The older, larger PS2's had an expansion bus to place a Hard Drive into the PS2 itself, and then you used a special memory stick to boot to the Hard Drive and then play your Backup ISO's from it. While this is true, it is STILL ILLEGAL. Even though you own the disk, you are still "format shifting". And also how can we tell if you are not going to just run down to the store and hire 10 games for $10 and then rip them?

While I know many people that do this, We reside in New Zealand where "format shifting" is legal, however I am yet to see another New Zealander on CH that I know of.

No! THis is not a game. It is a program that you put in the disk and it allows you to put games on a hard drive and play them without having to put in the disk.
        While the program it self is not a game...its purpose is still illegal.