Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Malware issues, basic steps done, logs attached  (Read 3047 times)

stinky

Malware issues, basic steps done, logs attached
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
Let me start by saying thank you for all the help I have already received at Computer Hope, either in the chat rooms or from the sticky posts on malware.

I am currently using a Dell desktop PC running windows XP, Media Center Edition, version 2002, service pack 2.  Anti virus is McAfee total protection 2009 (updated). 

A few weeks ago, the computer locked up when loading windows and I noticed a couple of desktop icons that were not there when the computer was shut down.  Figured I had a malware issue, and I found Computer Hope while searching for advice. 

I have followed all the steps in the “read this before requesting malware removal help” sticky post.  I cannot say that it was a seamless process, but as the steps were accomplished, the PC began to come back to life, and now its at least starting normally, and back on line.

Attached are the requested logs.  Though I endeavored to follow the precise order, there were some glitches with shutdowns, freezes, and a little operator error.  There are two logs for Malwarebytes as I could not find the original log after a freeze, and I had to run it again.  After the second run, I was able to recover the log from the initial run.

Thanks again for getting me this far and thanks in advance for any further help with this,

Stinky
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:29:21 PM by stinky »