Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with PowerPoint  (Read 2297 times)

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Need help with PowerPoint
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
I'm trying to add music to my PowerPoint presentation and I almost have it working right, but having a problem with a couple things on it. The music doesn't seem to want to continue playing all through the whole slide show. It starts playing on the 1st slide but then stops.
I think it may have something to do with the settings, but I'm not sure what it is I need to have marked and not marked.
Also, since I'm going to have to be wiping out my harddrive due to spyware and all, is there a way to backup the PowerPoint presentation? Do I just save the whole file to a cd? Also, what type of cd's should I be backing things up to? Should it be -RW or -R or does it have to be the ones with +?
Thanks,
Amy

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Need help with PowerPoint
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:21:09 AM »
I'm trying to add music to my PowerPoint presentation and I almost have it working right, but having a problem with a couple things on it. The music doesn't seem to want to continue playing all through the whole slide show. It starts playing on the 1st slide but then stops.
I think it may have something to do with the settings, but I'm not sure what it is I need to have marked and not marked.
Version of PowerPoint?

Also, since I'm going to have to be wiping out my harddrive due to spyware and all, is there a way to backup the PowerPoint presentation? Do I just save the whole file to a cd? Also, what type of cd's should I be backing things up to? Should it be -RW or -R or does it have to be the ones with +?
Yes, just inlcude the .ppt file(s) in your backup to CD.  -R or +R will work fine.  See DVD+R and DVD-R 101: An Explanation for Beginners for more info.

AmyR7

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Hi Everyone!!
    • Funtrivia
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Need help with PowerPoint
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Just looked and I have 2003
What about the RW discs though? I also noticed you gave a link to a DVD site, I don't have a DVD burner on my computer though. Just a CD burner and it's a Dell computer.
One thing too I would like to be able to view the Powerpoint presentation other places too like on the DVD/VCR combo recorder we have and on other computers too.
So, if I put it on a CD-R disc it should work? also should I change the extension at all?
The reason I keep wondering about the extension is if I would like to publish it as a webpage, it seems to change it to mht?
I'm reading over here http://presentationsoft.about.com/od/nextstepsinpowerpoint/ss/save_as_webpage.htm
Thanks,
Amy