Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft FrontPage glitch  (Read 2931 times)

Eric Lang

Microsoft FrontPage glitch
« on: April 21, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »
I have a website set up using FrontPage 98. The ISP supposedly lost a server and the website URL was changed from http://www.lanset.com/mywebsite to http://webs.lanset.com/mywebsite.

Now when I try to publish changes to the site, the popup box in FrontPage dutifully lists all the files being sent, but at the end there is an error message saying "server error: unable to recalculate links for "/" and no updates are made.

I have gone over the webpages and there are no faulty links I can find.
Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Microsoft FrontPage glitch
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:52 PM »
    Eric Lang...... Neither of the links you posted work ......they both display this .....
    Sorry, the page you are looking for has moved,
    been replaced, or is temporarily unavailable to view.

Please try one of the following:

Check the URL for proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
    Click your browser's Refresh button to try reconnecting.
    Click your browser's Back button to return to the previous page.

Please visit Lanset.com if you need more assistance.

I would be contacting your ISP or whoever is hosting your website  and have them sort out the problem ......have them put it back the way it was .....
    Check with them to be certain they have reloaded the Front Page extensions .

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 07:00:33 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

touton

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:47:50 AM »
    Sorry, I thought I was making it clear that /mywebsite was not part of a real URL. The main point I was making is that due to a server change, the URL had gone from //www.lanset.com to //webs.lanset.com

Tech Support at lanset doesn't have any workable ideas about what to do, so I was hoping that someone familiar with FrontPage error messages would have an idea about how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

e.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 10:52:17 AM »
    Intead of publishing with FP, try uploading files with an FTP client, i.e. Free FTP.