Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 3566 times)

UnstableWingman

Topic Starter

Rookie

Crashing
    « on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
    Okay, my HP, built, computer has not started in two days.

About a week ago, it restarted with no warning, and I got a flash of a blue screen error before it gave me an option to go to safe mode. I tried system restore to no avail. I got in safe mode and deleted a driver I recently downloaded, and it seemed to work. I could get back in normal mode. But I turned it off for the night, and the next day it gave bme the same flash of hardware error message for 1 second and went to safe mode options. SO I went back in, and deleted all drivers downloaded or updated in 2009.
    That worked again. But the same thing happened yesterday. SO I went in, and deleted more things downloaded in 2009. But it didnt work this time. And, it wont let me in safe mode, because it says the copy of windows needs to be registered, and can only be registered in normal mode. Which I cant get into.

Anyone have a clue what I can do?

EDIT:
    For about a month before the crash, I kept getting an error saying I was missing a file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\fawrjjob.dll
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:59:59 PM by UnstableWingman »

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Crashing
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »
    I kept getting an error saying I was missing a file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\fawrjjob.dll

Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
    Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

UnstableWingman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:06 PM »
      I read some posts about that.

Yes, it may be a virus. But the crash message I have been getting , and the blue screen one, and the one that came up saying my computer recovered from a serious error, they all said it was a problem with a driver. That couldnt be located (I assumed cause I deleted it)

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:28:35 PM »
      You have to make sure, your computer is clean, first. THEN, we can go from there.

UnstableWingman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »
        Well, I dont know how to do that, seeing as i cant get into either safe or normal mode.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 01:42:36 PM »
        Re-read my reply #1.