Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless D610 help  (Read 2791 times)

jerrry

Topic Starter

Starter

wireless D610 help
    « on: February 05, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
    hi

im no guru. I have a dell d610 with an wireless 370pcminicard or something like that. it had previously connected to the dlink router in the other room just fine, even could print on the printer.

suddenly, not only does it not "connect" but it doesnt even "see" the available wireless network, where it used to "see" both ours and all the neighbors also.

windows says the "hardware" is not connected. does this mean someone stole the card?  where does it install?

there is a slot, on the front, left, side, of the laptop, which seems like it is an empty slot, i dont remember if it is supposed to be that way. did someone steal my card?

or is it something else?

Please help thanks,

jerrie

jerrry

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: wireless D610 help
      « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »
      ok so i tried some diff things, no luck.

finally i went in the bios and made some changes there. came back on reboot, re-installed the drivers, reconfigured it to connect to the home network, and

BINGO!!

Everything works.

I will say one thing. I bet alot folks dont realize there overheating their laptop by leaving it on the bed all day long. I suspect that may have had something to do with it, cause it couldnt breathe and was pretty hot underneath.

a lesson learned.

thanks for the help. :)