Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game crashing--Black & White 2=Physical mem. dump  (Read 4211 times)

24nine

Topic Starter

Game crashing--Black & White 2=Physical mem. dump
    « on: February 05, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
       Here's the lowdown: Using an old work computer with Win2k Pro, I scavenged a CD-RW from yet another used work comp so I could install Black & White 2. Using the diagnostic tool that came with, I found that the comp had met the requirements (XP/2000 OS, 512 sys. mem., 1.6 Ghz processor, DirectX 9, and 64 display) having 1024 sys. mem, 3191.9 processor speed (pentium4), DX 9, and 128 display memory. Graphics card being a GeForce FX 5200. So, happily I installed and stated... shows an island K? but the water surrounding is flat green (pixel shading?--new graphics card?) and the game continues without a hiccup till a tutorial with animated creatures. While explaining, the second creature glitches out of existence leaving only his poor eyeballs behind floating in the air helpless staring at me as if yearning for help lol anyway the game keeps goin' for, oh, about 4 secs and then the third creature follows suit and it freezes then I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and get a "blue screen of death" stating that its performing a physical memory dump.......looking for a little guidance. First off what is "Phys. memory" and what is the problem? Do I need more RAM? Hard drive (same thing right)? Free up space? New card? General help?lol I' ready to absorb as much info as you can secrete....eager to learn.

*NOTE: tried this several times with 100% consistant results. The demo doesn't seem to have the same problem as in-game. Didn't run or intall slowly and had no other symptoms except the most recent time when I tried it after 2 de-frags (where learned I only there was only 5k MB free outta 39k--game took 3gigs)there was some choppiness in the intro followed by an extended freeze time. I also turned the graphics settings all the way down on the game.

Also, what can I do to bring this thing up to date (cheaply) and get me through the next 2-3 years with minimal updates (for cost reasons)

This is it.....then reboots itself

*** STOP: 0x0000001E  (0x0000005,0xB63&e646, 0x00000000,0x00000000)
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    *** Address B637E646 base at B6232000 Date stamp 3ea88ca- nv4_disp.dll

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk:  0-100
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:28:08 PM by 24nine »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Game crashing--get ready for a read lol
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:57:39 AM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

24nine

Topic Starter

Re: Game crashing--get ready for a read lol
      « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
          Thank you very much. I tried shutting down the 2 spyware programs on the computer but one seemed fishy the other is Ad-Aware SE Personal, Build 1.06r1. OK about the fishy one. Its a shield symbol in the toolbar tray flashing an alternating X and ?. I right click to try and close it but it pops up IE at www.antispycheck.com.... all I can do is then exit that window. I can't find it in add/remove, I deleted all cookies and temp files, and was unable find it in a search on the comp. I did find it on the RegEdit though in folder {9989F1F6-70DE-4244-AC9F-6672983681A0} under "InprocSever32". Two things in that folder a (Default)    REG_SZ    C:\Program Files\AntiSpyCheck 2.1\IEWarning32.dll  and  a ThreadingModel REG_SZ   Apartment . Delete one or both?? I didn't know how to do a whole system diagnostic or I would have but using the game's EasyInfo V.2, the display and sound drivers are of an unknown compatibility as well as the GeForce FX 5200 card. Update the drivers?
      « Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:31:00 PM by 24nine »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Game crashing--Black & White 2=Physical mem. dump
      « Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
      You may be infected with what we call scumware...rogue anti-spy apps that just want your money...
      Visit our Virus and Spyware section and follow the directions at the top of the page...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "