Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creating Excel Functionality in html  (Read 3023 times)

kerryaidan

Creating Excel Functionality in html
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:09 AM »
Hello,

I have created an excel spreadsheet so that I can input a group of numbers & check if they are present on several lists of numbers (work related).

Essentially it is a basic excel sheet that contains two or three lists of ~100 7-8 digit numbers. By using an If/And/Equal to/OR equation, I can then copy and paste in other lists of number into excel to quickly verify whether they appear on these lists.

Although, I can do this on the website of the people who update the actual lists, currently for my purpose I would have to search each list individually one number at the time, however, with my spreadsheet I can search if 50 numbers appear on any list in one go. I would like to provide this service to my clients.

Can this converted to HTML or recreated easily as a website? I know that I could just convert the lists from excel to HTML and use the search find function, but this would negate the advantage of searching for 50 numbers in one go. Also, its not very aesthetic.

Thanks in advance