Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: History folder is not working  (Read 2989 times)

spfan1

Topic Starter

History folder is not working
    « on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »
    I have 20 weeks information showing and weeks 7-20 work fine , click on them and down pop the websites. But it stopped storing information 6 weeks ago , when I click on say today or 2 weeks ago , nothing at all happens and it is a pain not being able to access my history. Anyone know what it could be?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: History folder is not working
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 07:55:08 PM »
    What is this? Internet Explorer?

It's possible the history is full. Why do you need history from 15 weeks ago?

foggs

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »
      i cant imagine its full: but heres how you'd check if you don't know...

internet explorer menu bar across the top of the screen, select Tools>select Options>select General Tab>press the Settings Button> make a note of Amount Of Disk Space To Use> Move the Slider to the right a little bit >Press The Apply Button>Press OK Button

close all instance of internet explorer, wait several seconds for your processor to catch up, and restart it and see if anything changed.  :)
      Foggs

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:08:08 AM »

How can you say the above when you have no idea how much space he/she has allocated and how much he/she uses the net each day. He/she did say that there is 20 weeks of history and if there is a little space allocated and if there is some major surfing going on each day then it is indeed possible for the space to be completely taken.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

spfan1

Topic Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »

internet explorer menu bar across the top of the screen, select Tools>select Options>select General Tab>press the Settings Button> make a note of Amount Of Disk Space To Use> Move the Slider to the right a little bit >Press The Apply Button>Press OK Button

close all instance of internet explorer, wait several seconds for your processor to catch up, and restart it and see if anything changed.  :)

I followed those and I noticed that in the settings it said ''Check for newer versions of stored pages'' and I had that switched to never , changed it to every time and now it seems to be storing my history again but it hasn't recovered anything from the last few weeks :( Oh well! Thanks for your help.