Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting nowhere with movies  (Read 2401 times)

Dr Ellingsworth

Topic Starter

Rookie

Getting nowhere with movies
    « on: February 09, 2009, 05:48:49 AM »

I tryed to watch a movie from www.hulu.com. Every few seconds it will pause and it can get to be very annoying.
    Meanwhile I tryed to watch a DVD on my computer and it will load and show the name of the movie and wide screen/full screen but will not continue.             Thank you very much for your help,
                                                                                Dr. E                                  ( vista)

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Getting nowhere with movies
      « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
      Need...more...info...gasp  :P

antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

billrich

Re: Getting nowhere with movies
      « Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »
      Doctor Who,

It might be the site providing the movie.? Too many viewers and not enough machine?  Try another Movie site?

1) Clean your machine
      2) Shut down open windows not needed; disable unneeded startup programs.  Msconfig ?
      3) Not enough Ram?
      4) Slow CPU?
      5) Wrong Video Card?
      6) Check with Computer Manufacturer's support
      7) Virus?
      8) Try a new DVD Movie for the DVD problem?
      9) Unplug from wall and reboot? ( Might need to plug back in before the reboot? )
      10) Talk to your machine; encourage your machine