Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Printer Problem (Experts only please)  (Read 2730 times)

dukalo

Topic Starter

Vista Printer Problem (Experts only please)
    « on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »
    So over a month ago my printer stopped working and ever since I have been trying to fix it to no avail. I have tried uninstalling driver software, updating it, messing with the registry and such to a degree where I am just utterly convinced that A) I should buy an Apple machine as Microsoft needs to completely scrap their OS and start from the ground up due to so many bugs which they are unable to fix and B) Most 'fixes' people propose are just bypasses to problems and don't address the real culprit of the problem.  This is my last shot so hope someone can save me from spending $1,500 on a new Apple machine...

Here are system specs:
    Gateway FX530XM
    Inter Core duo [email protected]
    4.00 GB RAM
    Vista 32-bit Home Preium
    Service Pack 1
    Printer HP Photosmart D7360

Basically the printer just disappeared from Vista and quit working. It kept asking me to reinstall the driver and every time I did but the printer would not show up nor could I add it. I just did a system restore but its still not working. Confused and frustrated, please help if you can! :)

gold

Beginner

• the world has ears...
      • help computer
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista Printer Problem (Experts only please)
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:34 AM »
    Have you:

Removed the printer from Print Manager?

Deleted the printer Drivers located in %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2 and/or \0 and/or \1?

Edited the registry and deleted the driver references at:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\

(For a Network printer)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\<Server Name>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers\LanMan Print Services\Servers\<Server Name>\Printers\

Restarted the computer?

Downloaded the latest version of the Full Software + Print Driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1156651
    and installed BEFORE connecting printer?

computer problem?
    mr. hope will help

if you are experiencing an error message, google that message.

dukalo

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »
      I honestly dont believe it. Firt post on this site and the solution works after working on 50 other sites to fix this over the course of more than a month.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GOLD!!!  The explicit directions and timely response were awesome not to mention the fact you fixed what so many other 'experts' could not. I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. I'm still amazed how quickly you solved this for me, wish I knew about this place a month ago haha.

Thanks again!

bluepen

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
        three cheers for computerhope and gold, what a delightful story.

gold

Beginner

• the world has ears...
          • help computer
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
        You're very welcome.  I'm glad the solution fixed your problem, and thanks for the gratitude and confirmation that the fix was effective.
        computer problem?
        mr. hope will help

if you are experiencing an error message, google that message.