Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Post boot, 3 beeps??  (Read 2684 times)

kizza1645

Post boot, 3 beeps??
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:13:36 AM »
Ok, i was playing around on my computer, and when i found it was time to restart, upon a sucessful shutdown the computer made the 3 long beeps.

Though what made this interesting is that, it didnt automatically shut it self down as it ussaulyly does, it just continued to stay on, though no visual.

And all i did was shutit down using external, and turn back on again, and i had a sucessful boot?
it only seems to beep, when i restart the computer???
any ideas?

Accessless

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Post boot, 3 beeps??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:23 AM »
Not without knowing which motherboard you have.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:56 AM »
    sounds like the video died.  Depending on how you connected I would try another video card.  If its on- board it mite be dead so you'll need a video card.  If its connect to a video card try another one.  Also, try useing another monitor first to rule that out.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

kizza1645

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »
    orhhhh........ :-\

Well i did say that on the second boot and when i restarted taht it worked.

it only happens when i restart

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »
      that is interesting.  It shouldnt be doing that at all post your motherboard number an well look into it. 
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres