Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need to get rid of pop up  (Read 2705 times)

Bobh

Need to get rid of pop up
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:20:58 AM »
Yesterday I bought and installed a flash drive to hold my back up.  Not having any one to help me I tried several things.  At one point a pop up came and said "website wants to open web content using this program".  The program was "Adobe Flash Player".  I clicked on "allow" but nothing happened.  After several clicks I gave up and clicked on "not allow".  I finally got rid of it and ran a back up to my flash drive.  Now every time I change web pages the pop up comes on.  I can get rid of it by clicking on "not allow" 2 or 3 times.  It stays away until I change pages and it is back.  When I get rid of it everything seems normal.  I have tried everything I can think of, including security scans, running CCleaner, and restarting in "safe mode".  When I run a back up I get a message that I have an error.
I have Windows Vista on an E Machine.  Sorry to be so long but I need help.  Thanks  Bob 

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need to get rid of pop up
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »
Flash Removal Tool

DLoad and install this and run it...
When it finishes re-boot.
If you need Flash you can then grab a fresh copy and install it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Bobh

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Patio
 Your suggestion got rid of the pop up.  Thanks   HOWEVER  I still get a error message when I try to use the restore program.  I even used the safe mode start but I got a message "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage".  I noticed that the computer had not connected to the internet.  Any suggestions on how to get the restore program to work?   Thanks  Bob

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:32 AM »
I'm unclear on what restore you are trying to run...
If the machine is not connecting to the web try turning off the modem and turn it back on...unplug it if you have to...then wait 2 minutes and try loading a web page again.

Bobh

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »
Since you solved the pop up problem and this is a different problem let me drop this subject and start a new one.  Bob

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
Stay here...the above details may still be relevant...

Bobh

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »
Sorry  - I all ready made another post when I got your last post.  Maybe the Admin.  can combine the two posts.  I don't know how to move a post.  About 5 minutes ago I made a back up and then tried to run a System Restore I got the same error message.  I use the restore because I sometimes click the wrong thing and get in trouble just as I am now.  Most times I can go back and start all over and am OK.  Thanks for your time.  Bob