Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to hookup 3-4 monitors for multiple work applications.. Noob  (Read 5102 times)

five04ever

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Trying to hookup 3-4 monitors for multiple work applications.. Noob
    « Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
    All man!!!! I listed the older card 8600 GTS, but the card in my PC is 8600 GT (no S) Sorry!

OK... Back to the issue at hand. I verified SLI is not enabled.

I removed all but 5 of the old nvidia v6.14.11 5827 drivers via the NFR process as NFR wouldn't delete them all. Even after I rebooted and verified the new driver v6.14.11 8122 was installed I tried to removed the remaining 5 old drivers, but no can do.

I only had the 8600 GT in the first BLUE slot when I did this.

I'm about to install the 7100 CS in the PCI-e x8 WHITE slot.. I will post shortly.
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:41:55 PM by five04ever »

five04ever

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Trying to hookup 3-4 monitors for multiple work applications.. Worked!
      « Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:41 PM »
      Got it working guy's.... Not completely 100% percent sure of how it finally came to gether, but I think running FNR did the trick. After running it and installing my two cards it seemed that I only needed to tweak the settings. Here's where things are.

evga 8600 GT - Primary video card BLUE slot runs the primary monitor only.

evga 7100 CS - secondary video card WHITE slot runs the second(dvi) and third(vga) monitors.

This is what I was after, but I still need to tweak the settings some more, but at least I know what to focus on first.

Man!! You guy's ROCK! Thanks for all the help!

gold

Beginner

• the world has ears...
        • help computer
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Trying to hookup 3-4 monitors for multiple work applications.. Noob
      « Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
      Congratulations, glad we could help.

As for those stubborn old files, they shouldn't pose a problem as long as you follow that guide every time you update your video drivers.  A quick note on video drivers, if they aren't broken, don't fix them; that is, just because there is a newer driver doesn't mean you should update unless:
      A) You are experiencing a problem with a game or application and would like to see if new drivers will fix that problem.
      B) The new drivers offer a feature not available with your current drivers.

Updating video drivers when they are working for you could cause some programs that worked before to break.

Good luck with the 4th monitor and come back anytime.
      computer problem?
      mr. hope will help

if you are experiencing an error message, google that message.